Ten reasons why I want to journal
Over the last few weeks, a friend of mine has been posting images of her new leather journal and Mont Blanc fountain pen on her Instagram account.
Now, like many ladies, I have a passion for stationery. A visit to Staples or Paperchase makes me a happy lady. ☺️ Seeing my friend’s beautiful journal has inspired me. It has also reminded me that when I was a teenager, I used to journal in a very tattered and shabby reporter’s notebook. I still own this and whenever I read a page or two, it transports me straight back to being in my mid teens lying on my bed in the small box room (every house built from the 50’s-80’s had one) surrounded by posters of Curiosity Killed The Cat. Of course, being a teenager, the journal is very dramatic and there are lots of quotes about unrequited love, heart break, being misunderstood and lyrics from INXS.
1. You cannot doodle on a blog – yes, you can take a photo of a doodle and attach it but it’s not the same.
2. There are some things I may not wish to share on my blog or others may not wish me to write publicly about.
3. There are libel laws
4. I am a random person and change my passions quite regularly. My blog followers may find the inconsistency a tad off-putting.
5. Blog posts are edited and amended whereas journaling tends to be more “real”.
6. I want to have somewhere to jot down my thoughts, the inspiring quotes and the funny and awesome things my kids do – yes, I have a Pinterest account for some of that but I want to be able to lie in bed in my 70’s with a cuppa, my journals and a smile.
7. I do a lot of writing – on here, on Bringing Us Together, on Special needs Jungle, for Community Circles and for Inspiring Circles – so I want somewhere to write about me; not about special needs, campaigning, disability or the education system.
8. I have a beautiful Shaeffer pen that needs a project
9. I have a Filofax (which I am currently vamping up too) but that is about work .
10. I just want a journal, lol – I am trying to justify it!
Do you journal?